Today is exactly 30 days before my 31st birthday and for the first time in my life, I actually feel a bit anxious about it. Oddly, while most of my friends dreaded turning 30, I reveled in it. So why would turning 31 be any different?
Let’s just say that somehow, I thought I’d be further along now than I was at 30. Frankly, I have no idea what this entirely means, but it’s a thought I continue to have. I suppose I have a sort of “Life List” floating about in my head that I mentally check off as life goes on. And lately, I feel like I’ve checked off so little!
So, in honor of my upcoming 31st – and perhaps to ease a little anxiety (or possibly create more…), I’m going to create a 30 Things to do Before I Turn 31 list:
- Take an introductory photography class.
- Take a basic Photoshop class.
- Recruit 15 more followers to my blog…
- Transform my hideous entertainment unit into something I can stand a little more!
- (Finally) Make a stagecoach curtain for the guest room window (which I will definitely blog about later).
- Start a daily journal.
- Establish a consistent gym routine – and stick to it!
- Regularly wake up earlier in order to make and enjoy a healthy breakfast with my husband.
- Sell 2 more furniture pieces.
- Reopen my Etsy shop.
- Find and purchase a new rug for my office!
- Find an unwavering confidence in myself…
- Refinished the recent flea market bread boards I recently purchased.
- Host an end of summer soiree.
- Go golfing with my new golf clubs!
- Finish the wall galleries in my living and dining rooms.
- Clean out my closet.
- Host a book club.
- Read at least one of the dozen books I have on raising chickens (next Spring, fingers crossed!).
- Tell my husband that I love him at least once a day.
- Begin drafting a business plan for my non-profit idea…
- Register for a race (running).
- Get a haircut – and learn how to wear my hair more naturally.
- Clean my car.
- Recruit 1 guest blogger for blog…
- (With help of husband) Build a console table for behind sofa.
- Call dentist to schedule removal of wisdom teeth
- Learn how to cook 2 more go-to, quick and delicious meals.
- Find and paint 3 sample paint colors in kitchen (orange!).
- Take pictures of my home (after my photography & Photoshop classes…) and (finally…) upload them onto “My Home” blog page.
While much of this list is simply a to-do list, I actually do feel inspired and hope to knock this list out of the ballpark over the next month. I’ll be sure to keep you updated!